Monday 5 August 2013

Out and About

Hello Again!

As I don't have enough excitement in one day to be able to blog about, I decided I would produce a blogpost on different things that I have been getting up to in the past couple of weeks. In England at the moment, the vast majority of people are on, what we call, 'our Summer Holiday' (Imaginative label, I know). This basically means that children, teenagers and some adults do not have to attend school/work for a 6 week period. So, as you can imagine, I have had a lot of spare time on my hands, to be able to go out and enjoy the typical British weather!

A couple of weeks ago, one of my good friends and I decided we were going to 'attempt' to row a boat down our local canal. So we left homes, hired a boat for a couple of hours and just 'went where the wind took us' (quite literally!).
Left: Denim Dungaree's - Topshop, Vest - New look
Right: Stripe Dungaree's - River Island



We ended up crashing into the bank and very nearly capsizing into the water... We were also 10 minutes late back, so I think we can safely say that rowing really isn't our forte! However, we did have a hell of a lot of fun and if you are able to hire a boat from somewhere local to you, then I highly recommend it!

The weather, at the moment, has been surprisingly sunny for England so much so that for the past few weeks we have been experiencing what the weathermen have been branding a 'Heatwave'... Although admittedly it has been hot, I feel that this is a slight exaggeration, but hey I'm not complaining! 
Due to this 'Heatwave', I have been able to regularly visit the beach which is conveniently located only 5 minutes walk from my house. These particular outings have been one of my most favourite moments throughout the whole of the Summer Holidays so far! Meeting up with friends, lazing on the beach and gorging on masses amounts of ice cream and fish and chips is my exact idea of heaven! Looking back now, I wish I had taken some more photographs, but at the time, retrieving my phone from the endless amounts of rubbish in my beach bag to take some photographs was one of the last things one my mind! Nevertheless, I did manage to snap up a few golden moments, which I have attached below!









So, apart from some shopping trips (Which I will post a separate blog about if anyone is interested in what I purchased!) this is all that I have been up to in the last couple of weeks, which I have taken photographs for. If you like this type of blogging then please let me know down in the comments sections below! and if you have any other ideas on what else I could blog about, please feel free to do so!

Until Next Time, 

Emma :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment